Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Homework for Week 1

So I just finished my homework for the first week and I feel like it flew by!! Anyone else done yet or have comments?

My favorite day was proabably the last one... trying to imagine what it would be like for John who was raised as a Jew to experience those first few days with Jesus was really fun. I think a lot of times it may be seen as sacreligious to put yourself into the shoes of someone who walked with Jesus, but I think it's an awesome way of seeing more of what he was really like. Also, her connections between the gospels were insane! I've been studying the Bible since I could read and had never made a lot of the connections that she made.

2 comments:

  1. It is a lot of fun to go through the scriptures and make all these new connections. It is amazing to see just how fluid the Word really is. I also love how she can make the scriptures come alive. I don't think putting yourself in a biblical figure's shoes is sacreligious...I think it is almost necessary to truly understand some of the concepts in the scriptures.

    I have to admit, I have been a bit negligent on the homework; however, I have done it before. I went through and read my workbook from the last time I did this study. It has been interesting to see the difference in my viewpoints of the concepts and questions in the workbook. The current situations truly affect how you see certain things. The first time I did this study I was really depressed and felt like a prisoner at the church where we were working. I am a lot more joyful and it shows in my thoughts.

    I would encourage each of you to write the date and just a few important life situations you may be going through. You may be able to look back on this as a journal one day and see some interesting changes in your viewpoints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way... I have really missed you girls lately. We need to do something soon!!!

    ReplyDelete